Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Best low-end cam to photos of paintings & other products for internet sales  (Read 2273 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Wed 1 Jun 2016, 6:26 pm

Hi ForumMates!

By  POPULAR demand, here is the new photography forum.  Use it or lose it!

OK. I'll start it off. Talking about low-end, gear.  What type of cameras are people using these days to take photos of paintings or other products for internet selling?

Thanks, lah!

screamer

• View Profile
Same as for all my photography, a tiny little Sony Cybershot. Not cheap but very user friendly, big sensor and great lens.

Mind, phone cameras are pretty good these days.

fceligoj

• View Profile
Same as Screamer, but a Kodak EasyShare C875 8MP.  Takes great pictures and videos.   I use when I want a dedicated camera, otherwise I use my Samsung Smart Phone.  Don't do any internet selling, just to post pictures on Facebook, this Forum if necessary, and for personal viewing.

tcris52

• View Profile
If you have an iPhone 6s, that's a good choice for what you want to do. You can use Snapseed (a great photo editor for iOS, and it's free) to do some editing before posting and to reduce to the size you need for web use.

Web images only need to be 72 dpi, so just about any digital point-and-shoot will get you there. You could probably even find used cameras that will do the job.

fceligoj

• View Profile
But an iPhone6s isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination.