Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: another over-educated Aussie  (Read 148 times)

russell17au

• View Profile
another over-educated Aussie
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:27:00 AM »
Hi, all, my name is Russell and I am from Sydney, Newcastle and Melbourne, Australia. I am 73 years of age and I decided to retire after an injury at work at the age of 68. I spent 9 years in the Royal Australian Navy with 2x6 month stints in Vietnam. After the navy I married and moved from Sydney to a small country area called Summerland Point which is located on the southern shores of Lake Macquarie. I joined the local volunteer bush fire brigade and spent 18 years as a member, I also joined the Central Coast Volunteer Rescue Squad and spent 17 years as a member in that. My work after the navy was in the transport industry as a truck driver and a long distance bus and tour coach driver. The biggest problem was that I spent too much time away from my family trying to earn money to buy the materialistic things in life and the wife and I grew apart so we divorced and I moved to Melbourne and remained in the transport industry. I never re-married and I became lonely so I started dating again and I got sick of the farang woman attitude of wanting to move in straight away, so I was on the internet and an add popped up for Thai Love Links and now I am happily married to a beautiful Thai woman and we are living in Khon Kaen. I enjoy cooking and I make my own Golden Syrup, pickles, cakes, ice cream, and I am about to try making one of my favourites "Ginger Marmalade".
Happy to meet everyone on here

Henry

• View Profile
Re: another over-educated Aussie
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 10:31:19 AM »

Welcome Russell,

Sounds like you earned your retirement. Hope you enjoy it as much as most of us here.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 10:59:42 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Henry much appreciated

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 11:45:56 AM »
Well there's a coincidence, I'm also Australian, my name is Russell and I was also in the Royal Australian Navy, but for 20 years  ;D

Sunset from my bedroom window

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »
Well,Windy, I'm glad I only stayed in for 9 years because looking at your avatar I can see how I would have ended up as well. Ha Ha Ha
where are you located?

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 12:30:22 PM »
I live in Sumsoong (Samsung) about 30km outside the city.

Sunset from my bedroom window