Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Another suggestion, buy a caulking gun and tubes of liquid nails.
In Khon Kaen, Supersport on the 2nd floor of Fairy Plaza has a small selection of snorkels, masks, and flippers. That's where I bought those things for my son last year.

Robinsons in Central Plaza has some swim equipment and a good selection of Speed-o goggles.
Newbie Q & A Getting settled in KKC / Re: Residence Certificate
« Last post by retfed50 on February 23, 2019, 02:55:39 PM »
yes I did this last week . Just make sure the immigration officer bothers to sign the certificate as mine didn't and I had to go back to immigration again. They must be gutted at not receiving their under the table 500 baht anymore.

Just wondering what 500 baht you're talking about.
Where to find . . . / Re: Glue/adhesive to stick future board to styrofoam board?
« Last post by Rex (Admin) on February 22, 2019, 06:35:59 PM »
Tanks RetFed.  I was just surprised to see Glidden used as an adhesive.  I wonder if other primers have they same sticky quality or if there is something special about Glidden. Plenty of primers available at HomePro, et al.
Where to find . . . / Re: Glue/adhesive to stick future board to styrofoam board?
« Last post by retfed50 on February 22, 2019, 06:03:08 PM »
I haven't seen much in the way of American paints here other than Cuprinol and Rustoleum. I wish the did have Glidden. Its a very good paint. Maybe you could send them a message on their website and see if they have a distributor in Thailand.
U.S. Embassy Consular Outreach / Re: U.S. Embassy Consular Outreach
« Last post by retfed50 on February 22, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
In case anyone missed my last posting in another thread.  According to the email I received from the US Embassy,  "At the present time, there are no outreaches currently scheduled for the coming year."
Where to find . . . / Glue/adhesive to stick future board to styrofoam board?
« Last post by Rex (Admin) on February 22, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »
I want to securely stick sheets of future board to sheets of styrofoam board. I saw on the internet a product "Glidden Glider." Although it is actually a primer paint, in comparison tests on Youtube, seems to be the very best/strongest adhesive for sticking sheets of styrofoam together.  Has anyone seen this in Thailand?  I can't find it online. Gorilla Glue came in a close second, which have in Thailand.  There is also hot glue. But I like the idea of Glidden Glider so as to completely cover the surfaces of the future board snd the styrofoam board.

I wonder if Glidden is something special or if other primers have this sticky property as well?

Any info?

Use the SSA-1199 sign-up form to enroll in International Direct Deposit (IDD).  Forms are available on this site for all participating IDD countries. Before enrolling in IDD, you must meet the following requirements:
  • You must be a Title II beneficiary;
  • You must reside outside the U.S.;
  • You must keep us informed of your residence address (If you return to live in the U.S., IDD will cease); and
  • You must select a direct deposit account in a foreign financial institution (FI) that meets the requirements outlined in GN 02402.030 and GN 02402.045 through GN 02402.060
To start the IDD enrollment process, select and print the appropriate SSA-1199 form. Fill out sections 1 and 2. Have your financial institution fill out section 3. Mail the completed form to the appropriate Federal Benefits Unit indicated on the form.
Read any good books lately? / Lonely Planet Thailand
« Last post by Rex (Admin) on February 21, 2019, 07:55:10 PM »

Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide)

When I (Rex) first started living and working in Asia, Japan 1989, there was no internet. There was no e-mail. There was no Skype. All we had were very expensive long-distance telephone calls and little shops where you could go to send a fax, and it wasn't cheap!  All we had at the time was the Lonely Planet and it was a lifesaver! My suitcase was always weighed down with several LP guides to the different countries I wanted to visit or settle in.  Now, LP is more modern with Kindle editions and lots of online resources, and most important can update changing conditions very quickly compared to the days when there was only hard copy. It's a classic and still the best! 


Disclosure: is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to
Open discussion / Re: US Outreach
« Last post by retfed50 on February 21, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »
Emailed the embassy inquiring about the Outreach Program. Their answer was: "Unfortunately,at this time, there are no outreaches planned for this coming year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk