Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - TerryLH

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Visas, et al / Re: New Immigration Office
« on: February 17, 2019, 05:09:06 PM »
No division.  Just different ways of describing which floor it's on.   American vs British vocab.

Welcome! / Re: Prominent Services by assignment help service providers
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:50:55 PM »
OP, are you one of the writers?

"I see it also says, "[font=]However, this type of visa requires the visa holders to exit and re-enter Thailand every 90 days by air, sea, or land travel"[/font]"

That info is talking about a multiple entry Non O Visa, not a Non O-A Visa.

A Non O-A Visa can only be obtained in your home country, and requires a police report, a medical certificate and I think money in your bank. 
The money at that point does not have to be in a Thai bank.  That is only required for extensions at immigration.

An O-A is good for 1 year, and gives a one year permission to stay for each entry.  If you enter just before the Visa expires, not the permission to stay, you can get almost 2 years out of it. 
The second year, after the actual visa has expired, will require a re-entry permit if you leave and want to return and keep the permission to stay alive.
I've read of people getting back to back Non O-A Visas without a problem.  How many you can get - I don't know.

A Non O multiple entry is good for 1 year, and gives you 90 days for each entry.  If you enter just prior to it expiring, you can get almost 15 months out of it.  But you do have to leave at 90 days unless you get an extension from immigration.
Extensions would be for 1 year for the reason of retirement or marriage, 60 days to visit a Thai spouse.
It is also possible to get 7 days extension.  The actual extension is denied, but they will give you 7 days to leave the country.
Each extension at immigration costs 1900 baht.

Hope that helps someone.

An O-A visa is good for a year for each entry, not 90 days.  No money in a Thai bank required.

For a permission to stay based on retirement, 800k is required in a Thai bank.
All the info that has come out recently refers to the income route only, not the money in the bank, which at this time has not changed.

Visas, et al / Re: Extension went smoothly...
« on: December 07, 2018, 02:00:51 PM »
"No discussion about any new procedures for documenting income."

Did you ask them about it?

Visas, et al / Re: US Consular meeting in Chiang Mai
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:01:18 AM »
Quote from: TerryLH
...besides providing letters from one's retirement pension provider; i.e., Social Security (which you can download off the internet), you will need a letter from the Thai Bank proving the monthly funds are being transferred into your Thai Bank Account.

As of now, actually bringing your income here is not required, so it will be a new requirement.

Visas, et al / Re: Early extension
« on: November 18, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »
I recently did mine 45 days early.

Visas, et al / Re: US Consular meeting in Chiang Mai
« on: November 16, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »
And is, apparently, only scheduled for an hour.  Not sure many questions will be resolved, but at least it's an attempt.

Visas, et al / Re: 90 Day Report
« on: October 26, 2018, 09:24:13 AM »
Quote from: Kowpot
So let me get this straight. Someone comes here on a multi-entry OA visa. Leaves the country every 90 days and walks back in. Does this for a year and if they do it right can actually get two years out of it. Never has to report to immigration and can go where they want and live where they want. After two years, leave and get a new OA nonimmigrant visa and do the whole thing all over again. Where is the logic in that? But as soon as you apply for an extension of stay all the BS kicks in.

Pretty much.  The second year, after the visa has actually expired, you'd need a re-entry permit to be able to return with the same permission to stay date.

What does logic have to do with it?

Visas, et al / Re: 90 Day Report
« on: October 25, 2018, 07:23:56 AM »
Quote from: fceligoj
They will stay at my house only 2 days.  He declared that my wife had to submit TM Form 30 for them too even for such a short visit.  So there is another example of the forcing requirements.

What did you expect him to say?

Srinagarind is your best bet.
The evening clinics start about 1630.  Not sure what days they have them for Urology.
The regular Urology clinic is on the 2nd floor of the newest building.  That's the one on the left after you enter the main entrance to the hospital grounds.

Doctors, Clinics, Hospitals / Re: Rachapreuk Hospital
« on: September 08, 2018, 09:03:40 PM »
"no wait if you drop off your medical booklet before lunch and come back at 1PM to see the doctor."

What do you mean when you say 'medical booklet'?

Visas, et al / Re: Extension renewal
« on: September 05, 2018, 05:52:46 PM »
" my opinion, it does no one any good to directly participate in the process and insert ourselves in between wifey and Imm."

Obviously not married.

Dealing with Thailand government / Re: ID Card for Falang?
« on: August 06, 2018, 08:24:54 PM »
"...a document showing my parents' names and dates of birth. Can't for the life of me see why they need that,..."

Isn't that info included in the house registration?


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk