Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - fceligoj

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72
Newbie Q & A Getting settled in KKC / Re: Residence Certificate
« on: February 16, 2019, 06:49:27 PM »
So what you are saying Windy, a Yellow Tambien (Yellow Book) is no longer adequate for confirming your address.

That sounds almost too logical.  Give the person a temporary extension for the 3 months, then assess it again after the 3 months along with the first 90 day report and if all is good, then execute the full retirement extension.  (Sounds like the bank makes an additional commission/fee for the 2nd letter.)

Visas, et al / Re: TransferWise
« on: February 12, 2019, 06:56:24 AM »

The following is an interesting chart.  But it also reminded me of the fact that TransferWise can also do wire transfers vs IAT transfers.  Those of you who are concerned about the IAT transfers, should investigate the wire transfers by TransferWise.

[font=&amp][/size]Its getting even cheaper to convert your currencies. [/color][/size][/font]
[/size] On March 8, were changing the way we work out fees for sending money. The good news is that fees for the currency you sent most recently are getting cheaper. [/color]
[/size] The new fee to send $3000 to THB will be: [/color]
[font=&amp] [/size] Wire
$24.88 [/size]
[font=&amp] [/size] Bank debit (ACH)
$25.53 [/size]
[font=&amp] [/size] Debit Card
$41.78 [/size]

Where to find . . . / Re: Looking for a printer service
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:58:20 AM »
Sounds like for what you are looking is a capability to take a memory stick or similar device to download and print documents.  Also, you want to be able to take documents to them for scanning and placing them on a memory stick.  You might be able to find a service at Tukcom on the computer/printer level. 

Open discussion / Dental Implants
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:52:56 AM »
Most of you know Dr. Ken.  Saw him at the golf course on Friday where we talked about his wife the dentist and if she were taking any new patients.  Said she was.  Then he added to the discussion about dental implants and how the dental community is finding out more about their destructive actions on the patient's bone structure when the implant is inserted into the jawbone.  It seems the dental community is questioning the use of dental implants now.   

Newbie Q & A Getting settled in KKC / Re: Bank Account
« on: February 06, 2019, 12:04:56 PM »

Rex, your comments:

"[font=]There was no mention of work permit or retirement visa.  Not interested.  She explained that the regulations making it difficult or impossible for foreigner to get online banking had been relaxed recently.  That is good news and theoretically means that I might have gotten this done at my other branch at Na Muang. "[/font]

[font=]The women is full of it, easy to tell you the problem has gone away.  I have had an ATM and online banking since 2010  at BBL at a branch in Bangkok.  It took me less than an hour to get all of it set up with the final step me going out to the ATM macine and doing whatever was required.[/font]

[font=]I can almost guarantee that something is in your record that prohibits them from doing what was necessary to give you online banking on your Nai Muang Branch account. If you don't need that account anymore, I would take all the money out of it, maybe perhaps leave 20 baht in it, and let it disappear.  They don't like to cancel an account, and you might have to go to the Nai Muang Branch to do it as what happened to my friend who considered closing his Buriram Branch account.  They told him he had to go to that specific branch to close the account.[/font]

Visas, et al / Re: Bangkok Bank
« on: February 06, 2019, 11:52:14 AM »

I guess no one read or maybe did not understand that I passed on the same comments as Savannah 20 did over a month and a half ago.

The only way, US Banks will transfer funds in the IAT (International ACH Transfer) format is to use SWIFT.  AND most US Banks require the sender to personally go to the bank branch and process the IFT.  The only bank that I found that would do IFTs online is Well Fargo Bank, but you have to set up the process by personally going into the bank branch for the first transfer and have the bank set up your online transfer User ID, etc.

My brokerage would do the same, IFTs online requests.  One would send the request directly to them, then they would make a LOCAL phone call to you to confirm and to see if you would accept the exchange rate they would provide for the transaction, BEFORE THEY WOULD PROCESS THE TRANSFER.

I even contacted the Kasikorn Bank Branch in Los Angeles and they WILL NOT process IFTs online.

The banking regulations in the US are very antiquated.

I am not sure why IMM would give a sh** on what the banks in Thailand would do.  It is not their responsibility to provide them banking instructions.

Visas, et al / Re: TransferWise
« on: February 06, 2019, 11:37:20 AM »

Interesting.  But like I said, for 200 baht, the Central Plaza Branch of BBL will do the 12 month letter and it takes about an hour.  Go have lunch while you wait.  Even though my friend who did it has his BBL bank account in Buriram, BBL-Central Plaza was glad to do it for the 200 baht fee!

So everyone is different.  Sri Chan manager told us the best she could do is 6 months!

Welcome! / Re: Prominent Services by assignment help service providers
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:12:31 AM »
Looks like this statement was a spam from amywillor.  Advertisement.

Visas, et al / Re: TransferWise
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:11:10 AM »

Several weeks ago, I went to the Sri Chan Branch of BBL and got a copy of my account, signed by the Bank Manager.  They would only give me a max 6-month table of my bank account transactions.  (I have been told that if you go to the Central Plaza Branch, they will provide you with a full year letter about your bank account transactions.)  I have attached a copy with certain personal items deleted.  I still left several of the transactions as representative.

Please note: "FOREIGN T/T" is all it says.  There is nothing about who sent it or who the transfer agent was.  Some of the original ones were directly from my US Bank or direct pension deposits from my employer, and then later ones are through TransferWise.  As you can see, there is no other connotations of anything that shows the transactions are different.  (By the way, I would immediately transfer the funds to my wife's account since I did not want to exceed the $10,000 USD account balance so I would have had to submit forms to the USG.  (Rex, you are right, "you do something that you do not want to have someone else take issue".

If you go online and print out your account transactions, the wording is slightly different.  Instead of stating "FORIGN T/T", it says "International Transfer".

Visas, et al / Re: Yet MORE Visa Changes being considered.
« on: February 05, 2019, 08:41:56 AM »

Never said that!  When it comes to something as important as proving your income, and maybe being nave when I first came to Thailand, I sure wanted to be truthful when it came to initially dealing with your own government (the Embassy) and then a foreign government.  Maybe it was because I had a Top Secret clearance plus even some higher security items called "SCI" that made me 'honest' for the extensions.  By the way, to get that clearance I had to take a lie detector test with the Agency.  If we have any others who had worked for the USG on items that required a high clearance, you know what I mean.

As you said "affirming something is true to get what you want"  sounds like some sexual innuendo.  Ha Ha!  If that were the case, I doubt if the Pope would want to even talk to me!

Visas, et al / Re: Yet MORE Visa Changes being considered.
« on: February 04, 2019, 06:39:41 PM »

Just saw the Thai VISA article where farangs were asked both on the ThaiVISA website and on their Facebook page, if these changes affected them being allowed to stay in Thailand.  Quite a few said they are going to have to leave!!!!!  Why so?  There really is no change in the requirement other than to satisfy the income requirement, the income will have to be in essence certified.  Does that mean many farangs are here illegally because they DO NOT meet the minimum income requirements?

I know of one whose US Social Security is not adequate to meet the minimum monthly requirement.  But in all these years, it seems his letters from the Embassy 'showed' he met the monthly requirement.  Perjury?

Visas, et al / Re: TransferWise
« on: February 04, 2019, 06:32:14 PM »

Maybe just maybe, since TransferWise uses the IAT format to transfer funds, that is INTERNATIONAL ACH TRANSFER format, it shows up in your BBL bank account as an International Transfer or FTT.  When I get an SMS from BBL that funds have been transferred and deposited into my account, it says the funds are from 'Me to me' And transferred from abroad.  I AM HAPPY!

If your Thai bank DOES NOT have a direct deal with TransferWise and TransferWise has to send the money (borderless yes) to one of their associate banks' bank account before transferring it to your bank account, it is designated as a domestic transfer since domestic transfers do not use the IAT format but they use the standard ACH exchange of funds.


Visas, et al / Re: Yet MORE Visa Changes being considered.
« on: February 03, 2019, 07:37:56 PM »

With all the uproar, there are only 4 countries' Embassies that refuse to provide a certified letter of the pensioner's income.  So, for the rest of the world, is it business as usual?

It seems like there is more confusion by farangs than with the Immigration Officers who have to implement the change, as it has been reported.  Everyone is up in arms for what?  These last new regulations do not go into effect until 1 March 2019 and all the Immigration Offices should have a good handle on them by then.

Visas, et al / Re: Yet MORE Visa Changes being considered.
« on: February 01, 2019, 06:41:20 AM »

Interesting aspect, every 3 months.

I have a friend who for his marriage extension borrowed the necessary funds to meet the 400,000 baht.  He lives on his normal monthly transfers which he did not want his whatever to know.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk